- 1.1 Quotations include VAT where shown but do not include any other sums payable to government or other statutory bodies which will be payable
by you in addition to the quoted price.
- 1.2 Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into
account when preparing the quotation if:
- 1.2.1 The work is not carried out or completed within three months of the quotation date (save as a result of our default)
- 1.2.2 Our costs increase as a result of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or any charges outside our control
- 1.2.3 We have to collect or deliver goods above first floor level
- 1.2.4 We supply any additional services
- 1.2.5 There are delays outside our reasonable control in which event we will make an additional charge for waiting time calculated
in accordance with our standard rates applicable at the time.
- 1.2.6 Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles.
- 1.2.7 We have to incur any parking or other fees or charges in order to carry out the services you require
- 1.3 Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require so your acceptance of our quotation
whether verbal or in writing does not constitute a contract between us. This will be created only by our written confirmation that we can move
your goods on your required date.
2. Cover for your goods
- 2.1 The main provisions are set out in clause 9
- 2.2 Any items not packed by us will not be covered.
3. Work excluded from our quotations
Unless previously agreed in writing we will not: –
- 3.1 Dismantle or assemble furniture, fittings or fitments
- 3.2 Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment
- 3.3 Remove or lay fitted floor coverings
- 3.4 Take down or re-hang curtains, blinds or other window coverings
- 3.5 Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled
- 3.6 Move or store any items excluded under Clause 4
- 3.7 Move any item or items which our removal crew reasonably believe they cannot move safely or the removal of which may damage the
item or items in question or its or their surroundings
4. Excluded Property
- 4.1 The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and will not be removed:
- 4.1.1 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections
of a similar kind.
- 4.1.2 Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- 4.1.3 Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- 4.1.4 Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- 4.1.5 Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- 4.1.6 Cars, boats and caravans.
- 4.1.7 Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs, perishable goods or any kind of explosives.
- 4.2 If you submit such goods without our knowledge we will not be liable for any loss or damage (except when death or injury is caused by our
negligence or that of our employees or agents) and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed
against us by third parties. In addition we shall be entitled to dispose of (without notice) any such goods which are listed under
paragraphs 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.1.4 and 4.1.7.
5. Your Responsibility
It is your sole responsibility to:
- 5.1 Declare to us the proper value of the goods being removed and/or stored.
- 5.2 Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- 5.3 Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing
is removed or left in error or is left in the wrong room.
- 5.4 Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal.
6. Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- 6.1 The goods to be removed are your own property; or
- 6.2 You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the goods to be removed or stored
You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
- 7.1 If you postpone or cancel this contract we may charge according to how much notice you provide prior to the agreed removal date:
- Between 4-7 days: 50% of the total removal charges
- 3 days: 75% of the total removal charges
- 1-2 days: 90% of the total removal charges
- Less than 24 hours: 100% of the total removal charges.
- 7.2 Condition 7.1 will not apply if you elect to take any removal postponement/cancellation protection insurance for which we have quoted
in which event your liability will be equal to the sum so insured.
8. Payment of Removal Charges
- Unless you have our written agreement to the contrary you must pay our charges so we have cleared funds in advance of the removal.
Unless we agree otherwise, you may not withhold any part of the agreed price. Interest at 2% per month calculated on a daily basis,
is charged on all overdue accounts. We reserve the right to terminate this contract if payment is not received before the removal date,
and not to carry out any services quoted for. Failure to comply with our payment terms will also mean that your goods are not insured.
9. Our liability for loss or damage
- 9.1 Restricted liability
- 9.1.1 If you do not provide us with a declaration of value of your goods or you do not require us to accept Regular Liability pursuant
to clause 9.2 below, then in the event that we lose or damage your goods through our negligence or our breach of contract, we will
pay you up to a maximum of £50.00 sterling for each item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or replacing that item.
In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, package, carton or other container.
- 9.1.2 We may choose to repair or replace the damaged or lost item. However if we choose the repair the item we will not be liable
for any depreciation in value.
- 9.1.3 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to deliver the goods if it is caused
by any of the following circumstances:
- 9.1.4 fire howsoever caused.
- 9.1.5 war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism,
rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- 9.1.6 normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable
goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- 9.1.7 cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work.
- 9.1.8 moth or vermin or similar infestation.
- 9.1.9 electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence
of external impact.
- 9.1.10 Additionally we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to:
- 9.1.11 any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container not both
packed and unpacked by us.
- 9.1.12 jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or
goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full information including value,
and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept responsibility
- 9.1.13 goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
- 9.1.14 animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- 9.1.15 plants.
- 9.1.16 refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- 9.1.17 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for damages or costs resulting indirectly from,
or as a consequence of loss, damage, or failure to deliver the goods.
- 9.2 Regular Liability
- 9.2.1 If you provide us with a declaration of the value of your goods and you agree to pay an additional charge the amount of our
liability to you will be as follows:
- 220.127.116.11 In the event of loss or damage caused by our negligence or breach of contract, our liability to you will
be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking into account the age and condition
of the goods immediately prior to their loss or damage but subject to a maximum liability of £30,000 (unless we have
agreed a higher amount with you).
- 18.104.22.168 Where the lost or damaged item is part of a pair or a set, our liability to you, where it is assessed
to be the cost of replacement of that item, it is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of that item
in isolation, not the cost of that item as part of a pair or set.
- 9.3 Any liability under clause 9.1 or 9.2 above is expressly subject to all or any other applicable exclusions set out elsewhere in
10. Delays in Transit
- 10.1 Unless we give a specifically agreed written timescale then arrival and departure times are an estimate only.
- 10.2 If through no fault of ours we are unable to deliver your goods, we will take them into store. This contract will then be
fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your expense.
11. Damage to Premises
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to premises must be noted on the delivery receipt
and confirmed in writing to us within seven days unless you request a reasonable extension which we agree in writing.
12. Time Limits for Claims
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any goods unless any claim for loss or damage is notified to us in writing WITHIN SEVEN DAYS
(this is a requirement of most insurers) of either their delivery by us to their destination or their collection by you from our storage
facilities, unless you request a reasonable extension which we, and the insurers, if applicable, agree in writing.
13. Our Rights to Withhold or Dispose of Goods
We have a right to withhold or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and other
payments due under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait
for payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of our withholding your goods
and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
14. Sub-Contracting the Work
We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation without reference to you but if we do
so these conditions will still apply in full.
15. Storage services
The following terms in addition to all other terms set out in this document will apply to all contracts for the storage of goods:
- 15.1 If you require storage facilities you are obliged to provide a forwarding address and notify us in writing if it changes.
All correspondence and notices will be deemed to have been received by you seven days after posting it to the last forwarding
address recorded by us.
- 15.2 Where we provide an inventory of goods stored on your behalf it will be accepted as accurate unless you provide us with written
notice of any errors or omissions within 14 days of our posting the inventory to you.
- 15.3 All charges for storage services are payable in advance. All our charges including removal charges must be paid in full in
cleared funds before any goods are released from storage and we shall be entitled to exercise a lien over those goods until we receive
payment of all charges due from you to us.
- 15.4 We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 28 days’ notice in writing of any increases following which our
revised rates as notified will apply. We will always act reasonably in reviewing our storage charges.
- 15.5 On giving you 28 days’ notice we are entitled to require you to remove your goods from our custody and pay all money due to us.
If you fail to pay all outstanding debts due to us we are entitled three calendar months after the date of our notice to you to sell
or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of the sale or disposal will be charged to you. The net proceeds
will be credited to your account and any eventual surplus will be paid to you without interest.
- 15.6 If your payments are up to date we will not end this contract except by giving you three calendar months’ notice in writing.
If you wish to terminate your storage contract you should give at least 14 days’ notice. Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to
arrange the release of your goods on the dates you require, specific dates cannot be guaranteed.
- 15.7 If you choose someone else to collect your goods from our storage facilities we are entitled to make a charge for handing
them over. Our responsibility for such goods will cease upon their being handed over to your chosen representative.
16. Whole agreement
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal
discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing. Any variation however
agreed shall never invalidate the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales if our principal place of business is situated in England or Wales,
or to the laws of Scotland if our principal place of business is situated in Scotland.